- 1 to 2 tablespoons organic, unrefined coconut oil, ghee, or butter
- Two 10-ounce packages frozen lima beans
- 2 large onions, minced
- 6-8 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut in half
- 8 cups water
- 2 teaspoons sea salt or to taste
- Pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 bunch cilantro, coarsely chopped
Sauté onions and garlic in oil, ghee, or butter for several minutes.
Add water carrots, lima beans, and sea salt. Simmer until vegetables are tender.
Remove carrots, cool and slice into thin rounds.
Puree approximately ¾ of soup and return to pot with carrots.
Add red pepper flakes and additional salt as desired.
Add cilantro and simmer for 2 minutes. If cilantro is unavailable try parsley, spinach, watercress, or kale. Cook accordingly