1 cup buckwheat, cooked in 3 cups water with ¾ teaspoon sea salt for 45 minutes
1 to 2 tablespoons organic, unrefined coconut oil, ghee, or butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped fine
- 4 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1 red pepper seeds removed and diced (optional)
- 1 tablespoon or to taste chili powder blend (Spice Hunter)
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 ears fresh corn, cut off the cob
- 2 cups fresh spinach or cabbage or kale, chopped
- 1 can water chestnuts, drained and chopped (optional)
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped fine
Warm oil, ghee, or butter in a large skillet. Sauté onion, garlic, celery, and red pepper until soft.
Add chili powder blend, sea salt, and black pepper.
Add corn, greens, and water chestnuts; sauté until soft.
Add cooked buckwheat and sauté all together well.
Taste and adjust seasonings.
Fold in scallions.
Pour mixture in oiled loaf or casserole pan.
Bake at 400 degrees for 45-60 minutes.
Serve with The Body Ecology Diet Gravy (see below).
The Body Ecology Diet Gravy (From: The Body Ecology Diet Book)
- 2 tablespoons organic, unrefined coconut oil, butter, or ghee
- 2 ½ to 3 tablespoons amaranth flour
- 2 cups vegetable broth or water
- ¼ teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon of any one of Spice Hunters many seasoning blends, such as Herbs de Provence or Deliciously Dill
- Sea salt, Trocomare, or Herbamare to taste